Friday, July 6, 2018

The Great Sand Hills of Saskatchewan




Canada-oil? Canola? Anyone?
It was an easy in-and-out at the Regina Mercedes dealer. Fast, friendly, and efficient. And, according to Russ, the least expensive service we've ever had. We were on the road by 9:30 am.

Our goal was to get to Calgary today, but I'd done some research for stops mid-way, since I didn't think we'd leave the dealership until 5 pm. As we drove along the golden fields of canola (finally saw some irrigation, as the terrain turned drier), I mentioned the Great Sandhill museum. They were part of Harvest Hosts, and offered their parking lot to members.

Next thing I know I'm driving so he can do the research. A call was made, and there you go. Alberta will have to wait for tomorrow.




I don't know why, but... BOOTS! El Coche in the valley below.

Given it was a bit toasty (93 around 4 pm), we made big salads for dinner. The temps for the night were supposed to be around 57. We turned off the AC by 7:30.

While driving to the dunes I remarked that I was amazed we haven't seen any antelope. And... viola!


No comments:

Post a Comment